May 6, 2011

Last Weekend

Erin had to come to Chicago for a work training last week, so she decided to take advantage of the opportunity and extend her stay for a few days to visit us. And, as an added bonus, Joe, her fiance, came out as well. Chris had met him before, but the rest of us met him for the first time.

The visit was very low key, but we had pretty good weather, so we did make it out to the park one day and the zoo the next. Erin and I also Tivoed and watched the Royal Wedding, of course!



Ian, Joe, Erin and Cara with the polar bears. Lila was being stubborn.




Because everything happens at once, I had signed up to run a 10K in Champaign last Saturday so I had to miss part of their visit. It was a really nice race though and ran through campus, downtown Champaign and Chris and I's old neighborhoods which made it a lot of fun. And we finished on the 50 yard line of Memorial Stadium and they showed the finish on the scoreboard! Plus, I had a personal best in the race finishing in 56:59! I finished 23rd out of 206 in my age group, which is clearly not amazing, but since I was the slow girl in softball it makes me pretty happy.


No comments: