April 4, 2009

Blog Neglect

My apologies! The blog has been sorely neglected lately. I am going to try to get back to at least semi-regular posting.

But first, let me fill you in on what's been going on with us. Ian had his end of the season swim team awards banquet on March 25. It was very LONG, but that was because the coaches took the time to say something about each swimmer on the team, and it's a big team. Ian's coach said that he was always at practice, that he improved over the course of the season so that his best meet was the last one, and also mentioned Ian's habit of pushing off of both the wall and the handicap entrance to the pool when he practiced in Lane One.

Unfortunately, the picture I took of Ian receiving his award is lost because our camera was stolen! Chris had to go to Los Angeles and San Francisco for work at the end of March so I tagged along for part of the trip. However, my luggage didn't make it on my flight so sometime between when I checked my bag in Chicago and when I got my bag from the hotel front desk the next morning (my delivery time for my luggage was 11pm to 3am) someone had gone through my bag and taken my camera. Not good!

Luckily, there was a camera store near our hotel so we were able to replace our camera the day we discovered it was missing. And as a funny coincidence, the man who helped us at the camera store was from Chicago and his sister lives in Elmhurst. He asked where we were from because he noticed my "Chicago accent". haha

No comments: