April 4, 2009

San Francisco

I know everyone just wants to see pictures of the kids, but since we took pictures with our new camera, I want to show them off. Despite the camera debacle, Chris and I had a great time on our long weekend. We had dinner one night with Chris's college roommate and another couple that he knows from college. Then on Saturday night we had dinner with one of Chris's friends from high school and his wife.

During the day on Friday I went shopping while Chris was working. Huge surprise! But on Saturday Chris and I had the whole day to spend together sight seeing. We took a cable car from Union Square to Fisherman's Wharf. We walked around Fisherman's Wharf and also Ghiradelli Square. We had hoped to see Alcatraz, but we didn't buy our tickets far enough in advance.


The cable car was a little overrated, in my opinion. I actually prefer the free summer trolleys in Chicago, but now we can say we have been on one. I was a more than a little concerned when the operator made a bunch of people get off the car to get up one of the hills, but otherwise it was a smooth ride.

Chris in front of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Chris and I on Fisherman's Wharf with Alcatraz in the background.



No comments: