June 3, 2010

Dolphin Sightings

Lila has been talking about playing with dolphins in the water ever since I first told her about our vacation. I have no idea where she got the idea but she was set on it. I looked into swimming with dolphins but all of the places I found had seven as the minimum age, plus I was worried she would FREAK OUT as soon as a dolphin came near her. Then, I discovered the Dolphin Encounter cruise. Perfect! We stay on the boat and the dolphins swim nearby--pretty much like whale watching, only with dolphins.





Cara waiting to get on the boat.





Ian, Chris and Cara enjoying the sea air.




Lila waiting in eager anticipation!





Looking for dolphins.



We saw three different sets of dolphins. Two sets were right next to our boat and swimming in the boat's wake. Ian was the first one to spot the third set of dolphins! Lila LOVED it! She told the first group of dolphins, Happy Vacation! The second group was far away and so she yelled, "Come over here dolphins! You know you want to play with our boat!" And she told the third group, "Thanks for playing with our boat!"



No comments: